now browsing by tag
Improve your online marketing efforts by building a better law blog for your practice’s website
Technology has revolutionized the way we communicate thoughts, ideas, facts, and our personal and professional images to the world. The internet provides a wealth of valuable opinions and information and a ready-made audience that would have taken years of marketing and expertise to develop in the past. Websites have become platforms in which you can position your practice as an expert in your professional field, and the addition of a blog can serve as a valuable resource to your clients and an effective marketing tool for your law firm.
A blog for your law practice can help strengthen your professional reputation and act as an ongoing opportunity to attract new business by establishing a voice and presence that will inform and appeal to potential clients.
Write with intent
The first step to any endeavor is to understand your intention, and developing a professional blog is no different. Understanding why you are blogging can help you narrow your focus and identify your audience. Here are some of the practical goals you may be aiming to achieve:
- Attracting new clients: Improving upon your business is clearly the best return on the investment of the time, effort, and money involved with developing a new blog. Provide valuable information in a clear and consistent tone that appeals to a wide range of readers. Convey professionalism without weighing down the tone of your writing with a ton of legalese or complicated terms.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Creating compelling content with relevant keywords can help your website gain credibility with search engines. The purpose of your posts should be to provide factual information, and the inclusion of keywords should be organic – don’t shoehorn in a bunch of terms in the hopes of getting noticed by Google; algorithms are more sophisticated than you may realize.
- Professional branding: Blogging is a great tool to share your expertise in a way that showcases your authority in your area of practice. Brainstorm areas of interest and topics that will appeal to your audience and create corresponding posts. Take care to develop a voice and personality that complements your practice.
- Sharing business-related news: Announce business-related news and legal happenings on your professional blog to keep your clients informed and to share your successes with prospective customers.
Once you’ve established the “why” of your blog, it’s time to work on the “how” and the “what.” Get clear (and be realistic) on who will be the author of your blog. Ideally, this person will have the time, interest, and ability. If you don’t have an available staff member, look into hiring a blogger, copywriter, or agency to create your content.
You’ll also need to determine posting frequency, the ideal post length (500 to 1000 words is ideal), and then get to work developing an editorial calendar with content ideas.
Make a list of possible writing topics using the following inspiration:
- Your area of practice: Writing about what you know is the very best way to create credibility and provide valuable content that will enrich the lives of readers. Think about the questions or situations your clients have most frequently and develop post ideas that address those issues.
- Other professional resources: If you see a subject in an industry newsletter, magazine, or website that piques your interest, use it as inspiration to share your own thoughts on that topic. Once you adopt inspiration as a mindset, you’ll find it all around you.
- Professional experience: Reference your own legal casework to show-off your expertise and professional successes. Demonstrate your abilities by sharing how you were able to secure satisfactory results for your previous clients and advice for readers in similar scenarios.
- Current events and legal news: Keep an eye on industry news and viral events for content inspiration, and share your own professional opinions and reactions to relevant situations reflected in the world.
Blogging is an affordable and effective way to keep your website current, your content relevant, and your professional brand consistent and well-developed. Blogs have become an accepted source of information in the online media landscape, and an ideal platform to develop an authoritative voice that readers can grow to respect.
Boss Certified Realtime Reporting provides court reporting services for everything from trials and mediations, to dispositions and conferences. We’re accurate, fast, and in your corner. For more information call us at 954-467-6867, or connect with us online today!